The National Agency Erasmus+ for EU Higher Education Cooperation in the DAAD has published a position paper with recommendations on the programme’s further development in its second phase (2017-2020) and the next programme generation, which is due to start in 2021.
The DAAD has been implementing the Erasmus programme in higher education in Germany since its launch in 1987 and can therefore look back on 30 years of experience.
The NA DAAD position paper argues for maintaining the current structure of the programme, thereby allowing for continuity, while proposing a set of measures that will adapt the programme to new challenges.
The paper calls (among other things) for:
- The integration of virtual opportunities
- Support to higher education institutions in taking a strong role within their communities
- Utilising the potential of Erasmus+ alumni
- Putting end users at the centre of the programme’s communication strategies & facilitating access
- Providing flexibility and enhancing funding measures; this includes continuing the decentralised implementation of the Strategic Partnerships, strengthening the international dimension of higher education and integrating the national programme ‘Europe meets School’ into Erasmus+
- An increase in funding for the programme
The paper builds on the common position of the National Agencies Erasmus+ for Education of the Erasmus+ programme countries issued in March 2017. It also considers the position of German higher education advisors on Erasmus+ from June 2017. The DAAD paper was submitted under the European Commission’s public consultation for the interim evaluation of Erasmus+ and will be widely distributed to stakeholders at the national and European levels.
The paper will be further expanded in the run up to the new EU education programme. The DAAD is looking forward to engaging in dialogue with EU institutions, member states and stakeholders in order to jointly develop this programme together.
- Bologna (1)
- DAAD (18)
- Development (2)
- Digitisation (3)
- Education (25)
- Erasmus (9)
- Erasmus+ (14)
- EU-Budget (5)
- European Commission (12)
- European Universities (5)
- FP9 (1)
- Horizon 2020 (3)
- Horizon Europe (3)
- Inclusion (10)
- Internationalisation (10)
- Mobility (14)
- National Agency NA DAAD (8)
- Post-2020 (10)
- refugees (2)
- Research (8)