As a project partner in the EU-funded project GREET "Guiding Refugees via European Exchange and Training", the DAAD is pleased to invite you to the joint stakeholder event of the GREET and Academic Refuge projects on June 13/14 in Brussels.
The event will focus on academic values and the role of the higher education community in supporting students and scholars with refugee background and academics at risk. With a combination of plenaries and group work sessions, it will bring together major higher education stakeholders, from higher education institutions, individual students and academics, policy makers at all levels and civil society organisations active in this area.
Please note that the spots are limited and the registrations will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
Refugees in higher education – DAAD programmes and measures
The DAAD wishes to strengthen the potential of academically qualified refugees and provide them access to higher education in Germany. In collaboration with universities and partner organisations, the DAAD is developing various programmes to promote integration of refugees at German universities:
- Integra - Integration of refugees into the study course
- Welcome – Students Helping Refugees
- NRWege ins Studium. Integrating Refugees at Higher Education Institutions in North Rhine-Westphalia
- "Paths to the Future - Sucesses and Challanges of Refugee Integration in German Higher Education"
- Study of Integration of Refugees at German Institutions of Higher Education - Report on the Higher Education Programmes for Refugees
For further information: Link