Job vacancy: Communication Officer for EU Projects at the DAAD Brussels office (Full-time)
The DAAD Brussels office is looking for a Communication Officer for EU Projects (Full-time).
DAAD is the world’s largest funding organisation for the international exchange of students and researchers. The Brussels Office is responsible for the representation of the DAAD towards the institutions of the European Union, European partner organisations and German representations in Brussels. It provides information on higher education policy developments at EU level and works closely with the relevant Directorates-General of the European Commission, as well as representatives of the European Parliament and other EU institutions. In this context, DAAD Brussels participates actively in EU-funded projects and tenders. To support the team in this work, we are looking for a motivated professional with a passion for communication.
- Drafting of newsletter items, posts for social media and overall communication to project partners.
- Support the management of projects through
- the organisation of working meetings within DAAD, with project partners and relevant stakeholders
- documentation of meetings (minutes)
- supporting reporting routines
- financial calculations and budgetary control measures
- monitoring project achievements and KPIs
- as well as further administrative tasks
- Travel and logistical planning for project-related events
- Establishing linkages to relevant themes and activities in DAAD
- A higher education degree in political and social sciences, education, communication studies or other relevant disciplines
- First work experiences in project management, administrative support and budgetary management in the context of EU-funded projects and activities
- Excellent speaking, writing, and editing skills in English and German; French language skills are advantageous
- Very strong communication skills. Capable of bringing a diverse and remotely located team together
- Good knowledge of European higher education policy, digitalisation policy and EU governance structures
- Ability to work effectively and independently, as part of a team, and in partnership with other organisations
- Expertise in communication and public relations work
We can offer you a dynamic work environment in a small and dedicated team. The successful candidate will be employed with a Belgian contract for an initial period of two years. In addition to a monthly gross salary of 3.100 €, we offer meal vouchers, a public transportation lump-sum, a laptop, a mobile phone and regular teleworking (1 day/week).
Please send a cover letter, a CV (max. 2 pages) and relevant proof of work by Friday 31 March 2023 to Michael Hörig, Director DAAD Brussels Office, only by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.