Teachers are working in an increasingly globalised environment and in multicultural classrooms. International experience and intercultural knowledge are therefore crucial for those studying to become a teacher.
In order to further promote the internationalisation of teacher education and to highlight the role that virtual collaboration may play, DAAD and Diku Norway organised two online conferences:
Part I: Policy & Programmes // 9 June, 10.00-11.30 AM
- The first online event presented the EU ministers’ conclusions on the topic “teacher and trainers for the future”, introduced the political and programme context on both national and EU level, shared the results of a European survey and introduced the concept of virtual collaboration in teacher education.
- Download: Webinar programme - Part I (pdf, 225.26 KB)
- Recording of Part I
It is still possible to participate in the European survey via this link.Download: Helm_University of Padova_Political recommendations from the EVALUATE Project (pdf, 714.35 KB)
Download: Results of the Mentimeter questions_Part I (pdf, 182.17 KB)
Part II: Practical Examples & Recommendations // 10 June, 10.00-11.30 AM
- The second online event looked more in depth at the practical implementation of virtual collaboration to strengthen the internationalisation of teacher education. Representatives from higher education institutions in Europe presented practical examples and provided recommendations on the benefits, challenges and limits of virtual learning for teacher education students.
- Download: Webinar programme - Part II (pdf, 249.98 KB)
- Recording of Part II
Download: Results of the Mentimeter questions_Part II (pdf, 200.15 KB)
You can still participate in the European survey with higher education institutions here.
All links that have been shared throughout the event can be found here:
Download: List of links to further information (pdf, 135.20 KB)
If you wish to receive updates on the European conference on the internationalisation of teacher education in Brussels, which has been rescheduled for 2021 due to the COVID-19 outbreak, please sign up here.
- About the DAAD-programme “Lehramt.International”
- About the Norwegian Partnership Programme for International Teacher Education “NOTED”
You find the article about the newly adopted Council conclusions “EU education ministers call for more internationalisation in teacher education” here.