In order to further promote the internationalisation of teacher education and to highlight the role that virtual collaboration may play, DAAD and Diku Norway organised two online conferences:
Part I: Policy & Programmes // 9 June, 10.00-11.30 AM
- The first online event presented the EU ministers’ conclusions on the topic “teacher and trainers for the future”, introduced the political and programme context on both national and EU level, shared the results of a European survey and introduced the concept of virtual collaboration in teacher education.
- Webinar programme – Part I [PDF 225.26 KB]
- Arlavi_Croatian Permanent Representation to the EU_Council conclusions on European teachers and trainers for the future [PDF 596.40 KB]
- Felske (née Nehls)_DAAD_Preliminary results from a European survey on internationalisation of teacher education (pdf, 1.45 MB) [PDF 1.45 MB]
It is still possible to participate in the European survey via this link.
Part II: Practical Examples & Recommendations // 10 June, 10.00-11.30 AM
- The second online event looked more in depth at the practical implementation of virtual collaboration to strengthen the internationalisation of teacher education. Representatives from higher education institutions in Europe presented practical examples and provided recommendations on the benefits, challenges and limits of virtual learning for teacher education students.
- Webinar programme – Part II [PDF 249.98 KB]
- Hauck_Open University UK_EVALUATE project_Concrete example, results and recommendations: digital-pedagogical competence development [PDF 1.10 MB]
- Kaiser_DAAD_Lehramt.International programme [PDF 819.90 KB]
- Fløisand_Diku_NOTED programme [PDF 649.47 KB]
- Wild_University of Flensburg_From physical to virtual mobility: Experiences from the teacher education field [PDF 309.03 KB]
- Tømte_University of Agder_The use of ICT in education: a TTI-project [PDF 1.78 MB]
- Results of the Mentimeter questions_Part II [PDF 200.15 KB]
All links that have been shared throughout the event can be found here: List of links to further information [PDF 135.20 KB].
If you wish to receive updates on the European conference on the internationalisation of teacher education in Brussels, which has been rescheduled for 2021 due to the COVID-19 outbreak, please sign up here.