Striving for a Strong & Global Europe in Challenging Times
The Russian war against Ukraine has not only sharpened the debate about the maintenance (and trust-building) capacity of dialogue and collaboration in research, innovation and higher education, when certain fundamental values are no longer shared. It has also merged it with the debate about the role of science diplomacy in the EU’s external action.
Against this background, the latest strategic documents on EU level, which highlight in various ways the increasing importance of international cooperation in higher education, research and innovation for Europe’s role and influence in the world, – as well as the outcome/deliverables of the upcoming G7 meeting of science ministers – need to be discussed in a coherent and forward-looking manner.
The DAAD Brussels Office and the Permanent Representation of Germany to the European Union have great pleasure to invite you to the hybrid conference, which will:
- Engage in a global dialogue about the role of collaboration in research, innovation and higher education in fostering a Global Europe
- Deepen the transatlantic dialogue on research and higher education collaboration
- Explore the relationship between Science Diplomacy and tackling Foreign Interference/Knowledge Security
- Discuss practices and approaches from various national and regional perspectives
- Empower stakeholders to become active and more informed players in Science Diplomacy, thereby striving for smarter international cooperation
Where? Permanent Representation of the Federal Republic of Germany, Rue Jacques de Lalaing 8-14, 1040 Brussels and online
When? 21 June 2022 from 01:00pm-07:00pm CEST, preceded by a lunch at noon and followed by a networking reception.
Registration: Please register here.
Registration for on-site participation will close on 16 June – places at the venue are limited.
The conference will be streamed via the DAAD Events Platform. After registration for the event, you will receive an e-mail to create an account for the platform. Once signed in, you will find further information on the conference speakers, the latest programme version as well as access to the livestream for online-participation.
Organisers: Permanent Representation of the Federal Republic of Germany to the EU and the DAAD Brussels Office