With the Berlin Declaration from May 2022, the scientific exchange organisations of the G7 countries and partners from 8 other countries emphasise the need to protect threatened academics (students & scholars). Also the Council of the EU calls for European and national schemes for academics at risk to position the EU as a safe haven for academic freedom and democratic values.
Moderated by Anna-Lena Sender, Deputy Director DAAD Brussels office, the workshop will present ongoing initiatives and discuss next steps towards a European approach for students at risk.
- Hilde Granås Kjøstvedt, StAR Programme Manager, HK-Dir, Norway
- Stefanie Kottowski, Hilde Domin Programme Manager, DAAD, Germany
- David di Santo, Student at Risk Project Leader, Swiss Students’ Union, Switzerland
- Aistė Motekaitienė, Executive Director for Business Development, LCC International University in Klaipėda, Lithuania
- Cati Jerez Paredero, Coordinator of the Support Programme for Refugees and People from Conflict Areas, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
For further information about the conference, the event programme and registration, click here.
- Berlin Declaration, May 2022
- Previous DAAD Brussels event on students at risk, November 2021
- Joint Proposal for EU actions by DAAD, NAWA and HK-Dir
- About the Hilde Domin Programme
- About the StAR Programme Norway
- About the Support program of the University of Barcelona for refugees and people from conflict areas